WHY ARCHITECT? FORUM: All of what you have always wanted to know but never dared to ask!
In conjunction with this year’s Archifest festival, the Small and Medium Architectural Practices Committee (SMAP) are presenting another exciting session of the ‘Why Architect? Forum 2020’. All of what people have always wanted to know but never dared to ask!
This forum is an excellent platform for anyone interested in what architects do as a profession. Open to the public, the forum attracts people from all walks of life - from fellow practitioners to secondary and tertiary student and architecture enthusiasts.
Organised with a panel of professionals ranging from the Architect who runs her/his own practice, to the relevant built environment specialists there will be an enlightening sharing of the role of Architects in the creation of the built structures in which we live, work and play. What goes on in the Architect’s mind during the whole process? Behind-the-scene stories and secrets will be revealed!
This year’s Archifest theme is ‘Architecture Saving Our World’. The ‘Why Architect? Forum’ hopes to contribute to this bold dialogue by bringing to the public an understanding and appreciation of the profession, as well as our commitment to the Planet and Humanity.
Why Architect? organising team are Yann Follain (WY-TO), Wu Huei Siang (WASAA Architects & Associates) and Casey Chua (ADX Architects Pte Ltd)
Live Streaming from Singapore Institute of Architects
Ar. Wu Huei Siang, Director, WASAA Architects & Associates
Ar. Casey Chua, Director, ADX Architects
Ar. Kelvin Wang, Architect, Richard Ho Architects
Ar. Loh Zixu, Director, Zivy Architects
Mr. Khor Tse Eng, Director, YSCA Consultants, Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV)
Mr. Steve Goh, Director, Just Build
Ar. Catherine Loke, Director, Lander Loke Architects
Important to Note:
- We may provide your contact information to Event Partners / Sponsors for any sessions or activities you have attended involving our Event Partner / Sponsors.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email 1 day before the session.
- The Forum join link and password will be sent via email latest 1 hour before the session for last-minute sign-ups.
- The Forum will be opened for registered participants to enter 30 minutes before the session.
- The Forum will be locked 10 minutes after the session begins.
- For purchase of more than one ticket, please provide the details of all participants. A Zoom link to access the registered session(s) will be shared with the respective participants. This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to each participant.
- During the sharing session, attendees other than the forum panel will be muted.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the Q&A and we will try to address them at the end.
- During the Q&A session, attendees will be unmuted to allow for discussion.
- Do note that this session will be recorded.
This Forum is an initiative of Singapore Archifest 2020: www.archifest.sg